Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A (little more than a) Year in Review

So, obviously, the website and blog have endured a bit of neglect.  And I'm updating it now, which indicates something major has happened which prompted me to make such updates.  So, here's an outline of some of the major stuff that happened since the last time I updated the blog:

  • The last post I made was in April of 2011.  I didn't mention it here, but I was let go from QUICKHIT that previous February.  So the jam occurred as I was looking for new work.
  • I found such new work at 38 Studios, in July of 2011.  Hooray!  Again, I worked in QA, for their Digital Presence team, on their websites for their game Kingdoms of Amalur: ReckoningTM  (released in February 2012) and the expanded lore site Amalur.com.
  • Another Cardboard Jam was held in October.  I'll be making a separate post about it.
  • The Global Game Jam was held in January of 2012.  Again, separate post.
  • 38 Studios was hit by some financial troubles which, if you follow game industry or New England news, you might have heard about.  I'm not going to go into detail about it (I'm not even sure if I could), but I felt this article on Gamasutra provided a mostly fair synopsis of the events.
So, as of this writing, I'm currently looking for a job again.  The website and my resume have been updated with current information.  I'm fairly optimistic I won't have to wait too long for my next job.  In the meantime, I guess I've got plenty to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment